EASY CASTING, ULTRAPOWERFUL HEADS for big flies and sink tips
- Powerful front end to easily cast large flies and fast sinking tips
- Ultra-low stretch core for the best in casting and fishing sensitivity
- Complete series of heads with varying lengths and small size increments
RIO SKAGIT MAX heads cast large flies and the fastest of sinking tips with exceptional ease. The unique weight distribution deeply loads rods for long, powerful casts, while the subtle taper design generates smooth, easy loops and long, long distances.
RIO offers three different length options. As a guideline:
- Use "Max Shorts" on single-handed rods, Switch rods and Spey rods less than 12' 6" in length.
- Use "Skagit Max" heads for rods between 12'6" and 13' 6".
- Use "Max Longs" on rods longer than 13' 6".
All Skagit heads are built on an ultra-low stretch core for the maximum in casting and fishing sensitivity.
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 200 to 400 gr - .024"/.026" shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 400 to 550 gr - .030"/.032" shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 550 to 675 gr - .035"/.037" shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 675 gr and heavier - .040"/.042" shooting line, or 50lb SlickShooter/GripShooter